How To Find Cheap Airfares
1. Search for tickets indicating that your travel dates are flexible.
2. Search for flights by comparing fares from nearby airports.
3. Save on travel by purchasing a travel package that includes airfare, with a hotel and/or car rental.
4. Do not specify airline or non-stop when searching for cheapest airfares.
5. Search for fares departing and returning on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays.
6. Purchase tickets a minimum of two weeks prior to departure date.
7. When you must purchase airline tickets with less than two weeks prior to your departure date look for Last Minute Deals. Although flight options are often limited, and Last Minute Deals require the purchase of either a car or hotel room in addition to the airline ticket, frequently the total purchase price is less than purchasing an airline ticket alone at the last minute. Typically the hotel and/or car reservation do not have to be used if not needed to make a Last Minute Deal purchase.
8. When you find a cheap airfare be prepared to purchase it immediately. Airlines reserve the right to change their prices right up until the moment a customer's credit card is successfully charged for an airline ticket. Often customers return to purchase their tickets a few days, or even hours later, only to find that the price has changed or the flight option is no longer available.
9. When traveling over holidays, try to avoid flying out the day before the holiday or the Sunday after the holiday. If you are unable to fly out two to three days prior to the holiday price out tickets flying the morning of the holiday.
Remember, often Cheapfares are out there. You just have to be smart about how to find them.